Most attempts to increase performance or fulfilment soon fizzle. Think about it. Why do team retreats result only in temporary bumps in teamwork and performance? Why do newly learned management techniques give way to old habits? Why is happiness from new achievements so fleeting? Why do nagging fears and anxieties constantly return?Why are new years’ resolutions abandoned?
The answer... sabotage. Your mind is not only your best friend, but also your worst enemy. It secretly harbors “saboteurs” that cause most of your setbacks. You can change that.
Positive Intelligence is the groundbreaking new science and practice that measures and improves the percentage of time your mind acts as your friend versus your enemy. Only 20% of individuals and teams score above the tipping point that supports lasting increases in performance or fulfilment. Learn how to raise your score beyond that tipping point and help others do the same.
The breakthrough tools and techniques in this book combine the best of neuroscience, positive psychology, organizational science, and coaching. They have been honed over years of coaching hundreds of CEOs and their executive teams, so they fit a busy life. Some require as little as ten seconds to produce meaningful results.
This book shows you how to:
- Determine the Positive Intelligence score for yourself or your team.
- Increase your score above the critical tipping point in as little as 21 days.
- Identify which of the ten “saboteurs” is your hidden internal enemy.
- Weaken your saboteur and strengthen its counterpart.
- Develop new brain “muscles,” even while doing daily routines, to access untapped mental powers and insights.
- Apply Positive Intelligence tools and techniques to improving both performance and fulfillment, teambuilding, managing conflicts, improving work/life balance, reducing stress, and motivating and developing others.