Paying bills with credit cards?
Cringing every time the phone rings?
Avoiding a stack of mail from your credit card company?
Did you answer yes to at least one of these questions? Have you given up hope that you will ever recover from your desperate financial situation? Don’t despair. Just open this book and discover the simple steps that will allow you to take control of your finances and your life.
As president of a nonprofit debt education organization, Mitchell Allen has helped over 200,000 individuals overcome tough economic times. And he can show you how to spot the warning signs of financial distress, make smart decisions to find a path out of the woods, and manage the emotional stress of a financial meltdown. A Survival Guide to Debt offers comprehensive coverage of all of your options for dealing with debt in a simple, guidebook format designed to empower you to make the best decisions for you. Allen explains
- Options for solving your debt problems on your own
- Clear tips for negotiating with creditors
- How to find professionals who can help
- The facts and myths and pros and cons of bankruptcy
- Detailed descriptions of chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcies
- How to live without relying on credit
- How to emerge from the woods and build a financially secure life
This book will give you the hope and the practical advice you need to move from debt-induced insanity to emotional and financial security. Whether you are heavily in debt, face repossession or foreclosure, or are considering bankruptcy, this book will provide the information you need to restore your financial health and regain peace of mind.