At Greenleaf Book Group, we do more than just publish books... we help big thinkers share their ideas with the world! We are dedicated to helping our authors grow their unique brands, promote their books, and develop robust platforms through a full suite of customized services. By engaging in a variety of marketing, brand building, and audience building activities, we aim to empower our authors to become thought leaders in their fields, while guiding them towards ways to best leverage their content.
We are looking for a motivated, creative, and experienced marketer with a passion for big ideas and the motivation to create cohesive, compelling brand strategies and messaging on behalf of our authors. The Brand Strategist works with Greenleaf authors to identify their audiences and share their ideas across multiple formats. This may include writing brand or inbound marketing strategies, overseeing the creation of brand elements such as logos, websites, and videos, and conducting outreach initiatives to connect with key influencers.
A successful Brand Strategist will have at least three years of direct experience as either a manager in a marketing or creative agency, a brand strategist, or a business services marketing manager. Experience working with authors, thought leaders, or people who are experts in their field presents a strong advantage.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years of work experience with at least 3 years of direct experience in marketing and branding, especially for experts
- Have a bachelor level degree in a relevant field (business, marketing, advertising, journalism, etc.)
- Quickly understand the needs and goals of Greenleaf authors
- Be able to demonstrate creative problem solving on behalf of clients
- Oversee team members and vendors to create various brand elements
- Be a partner and an advisor to Greenleaf’s authors
- Be able to quickly shift between projects and clients
- Have a strong understanding of both the book publishing and content marketing landscape
- Be extremely familiar with inbound marketing tools such as social networks, blogging, SEO strategy, conversion tactics, etc.
- Have advanced research, written, and verbal skills
- A collaborative, fast-paced office environment
- Intelligent, driven, and friendly colleagues
- Quarterly volunteer outings, BINGO days, and staff-meeting breakfast tacos
- A chance to advise top thoughts leaders spanning multiple industries and diverse book genres (business, fiction, health and wellness, children’s)
- Professional development opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits
For more information on our work environment, visit www.workatgreenleaf.com
Please submit your resume and cover letter to ajones [at] greenleafbookgroup [dot] com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
This position is based in Austin, TX. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.