Corporate Sales Rep Needed (Independent Contractor)
Greenleaf Book Group is looking for an experienced book sales (or related industry) expert to capitalize on our current market success and develop new strategies to help drive book sales in corporate, association, and nonprofit channels. This position is an independent contract position (commission only). If you are results-driven, have a successful track record of meeting sales goals, and are committed to creating new opportunities, we are interested in meeting with you. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a creative, positive, and goal-oriented team. Some travel may be required.
Outcomes: Critical objectives include:
- Expand sales into new markets, including direct sales channels such as corporations, associations, and other organizations
- Develop a familiarity with Greenleaf's list and proactively identify sales opportunities
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships and drive greater awareness and engagement within new market segments
- Analyze current and future market trends and customer needs and implement actions based on findings
- Track and drive relevant metrics to ensure the effectiveness and continuous improvement of book sale initiatives
- Develop open lines of communication with customers to ensure delivery of high-level customer satisfaction
- Other objectives and priorities as your initiative and experience dictate
Competencies: The ideal candidate possesses:
- 2-3 years of prior experience in sales, with a minimum of 2 years selling to corporations, associations, or nonprofits (preferably content-related products)
- Ideally looking for someone who has sold books to corporations, associations, foundations, government agencies, or network-marketing organizations directly from publishers for use as premiums, incentives, sales promotions, resale, or for educational purposes
- Demonstrated and measurable success in meeting sales revenue goals (preferably gained in a publishing environment)
- Established contacts and network in the corporation, association, or nonprofit channels
- Superior client and partner relationship management abilities
- Highly motivated, independent, and personable with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take improvement input from company leaders and team members and turn it into new opportunities for the team and company
- A relevant bachelor level degree or equivalent experience
To apply, please send your resume (subject line: Corporate Sales Rep) to Tanya Hall
. No phone calls or visits please.
Greenleaf Book Group is an Austin-based book publisher and distributor specializing in the development of independent authors and the growth of small presses. Our company has been named to INC. Magazine’s list of the 500 fastest-growing companies in America, and the FAST 50, Austin Business Journal’s list of fastest-growing companies in Austin.