Junior Account Manager in Distribution Department for Independent Publisher
Greenleaf Book Group has a great opportunity for an organized, service-oriented, and experienced Junior Account Manager/Executive who is interested in applying his/her expertise at one of the fastest-growing media companies in America. The ideal candidate has a gift for managing priorities and multiple projects, some sales experience, proven written and oral communication skills, and a desire to work with a driven team of individuals in a small, but fast-paced environment.
At Greenleaf, we connect our authors’ ideas with audiences. The Account Manager/Executive is the face of that effort and works closely with our authors to help share their ideas and stories with the world through traditional and non-traditional platforms, both print and digital.
The Junior Account Manager/Executive performs a multi-functional role centered on providing top-level customer service. This role requires the Junior Account Manager/Executive to oversee dozens of clients everyday, guiding both the internal departments and the clients through the creation of their work that will allow for the best opportunity for success. The ideal candidate has the ability to manage a high level of stress with the utmost professionalism. Seen as the expert in consumer and marketplace behavior, the Junior Account Manager is required to be the clients’ voice of reason throughout the process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- College degree
- 2-3 years experience managing clients in a service-oriented business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Mac), particularly Excel
- Strong problem-solving, multitasking, and troubleshooting skills
- A driven, resilient nature with a bias for action
- Works well in a high stress environment
- Works well both team and individual environments
- Keen eye for detail
- Desire to work with a small, driven and hardworking team with a great sense of humor
- An openness to explore new areas of opportunity as the company continues to expand into apps, multimedia, etc
The Junior Account Manager will:
- Exhibit the highest level of service and diplomacy in dealing with clients, contracted representatives, vendors, and customers
- Manage and execute title data dissemination to appropriate trade channels within strict external timetables
- Proactively champion retail sales for frontlist and backlist titles, in digital and print realms
- Collaborate with distribution associate to process orders from customers and business partners and liaise with remote fulfillment center
- Monitor off site inventory records and reports, including receiving
- Advise clients and business partners of item availability, optimal shipping methods, and other miscellaneous inquiries
- Monitor product listings on multiple websites for accuracy and completeness
- Supply outsourced sales representatives with sales materials, bibliographic information, and product samples
- Create sales and inventory reports for Senior Account Executives, as well as own reports
- Create Sales Sheets for field sales representatives
- Send appropriate Public Relations updates
- Work with International Publishers to sell rights for authors
- Perform other tasks as needed
- A collaborative, progressive, and fun work environment
- An intelligent, driven, passionate and friendly staff
- An entrepreneurial environment with consistent year over year growth
- Salary plus benefits: medical, disability, prescription, life, holidays, vacation, retirement plan, flexible spending account, HSA, and profit sharing.
This position is based in Austin, TX. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (subject line: Junior Account Executive) to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls or visits please.
Greenleaf Book Group is an Austin-based book publisher and distributor specializing in the development of independent authors and the growth of small presses. Our company has been named to INC. Magazine’s list of the 500 fastest-growing companies in America, and the FAST 50, Austin Business Journal’s list of fastest-growing companies in Austin.