Business Development Associate
Greenleaf Book Group has a unique opportunity for an ambitious, organized, and experienced marketing and business development professional who is interested in applying his/her expertise at one of the fastest-growing companies in America. The ideal candidate has sophisticated written and oral communication skills and a desire to work with a fun team of individuals in a small, but fast-paced environment.
The Business Development Associate will:
- Lead Greenleaf’s external communications function (including social media management, blog content development, and website updates)
- Increase company brand awareness through industry outreach and the development of referral partnerships
- Provide key support in the planning and execution of Greenleaf’s 2015 Author Summit; event planning experience a plus
- Pitch and schedule company spokespeople for speaking opportunities
- Conduct outreach to potential industry partners, including literary agents, book publicists, ghostwriters, etc.
- Identify opportunities for the company to contribute articles to outside blogs and publications
- Coordinate the development and production of Greenleaf’s marketing collateral with other team members and outside vendors
- Research emerging industry trends and new client service opportunities
- Provide team support and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Report to Greenleaf’s Business Development Manager
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of corporate communications, business development, or public relations experience; agency experience a plus
- The ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of our industry positioning, strategic goals, and concerns in order to provide appropriate communications support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on service and an enthusiasm for educating clients, prospects, and business partners
- Passion for social media, audience engagement, content marketing, and content development
- Familiarity with best practices in online marketing and SEO
- Very strong computer skills (MAC and PC), proficiency with MS office applications a must; expert-level research skills desired
- Video editing skills, and proficiency with iMovie, a plus
- Experience in publishing and/or booking speaking engagements a plus
- Exceptional time-management skills, plus the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- A fantastic sense of humor
- A collaborative, progressive, and fun work environment
- An intelligent, driven, and friendly staff
- An entrepreneurial environment with consistent year-over-year growth
- Salary plus benefits: medical, disability, prescription, life, holidays, vacation, retirement plan, flexible spending account, HSA, and profit sharing
This position is based in Austin, TX. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (subject line: Business Development Associate) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls or visits please.
Greenleaf Book Group is an Austin-based book publisher and distributor specializing in the development of independent authors and the growth of small presses. That being said, Greenleaf Book Group is much more than a publishing company. With a full suite of services supporting the development of an author’s dedicated audience (or “platform”), we place a heavy emphasis on serving as a creative agency dedicated to helping our clients take their content from manuscript form into multiple methods of delivery designed to reach different audiences. We believe in supporting, developing, and promoting ideas—regardless of their final format.
Our company has been named to INC. 500 Magazine’s list of fastest-growing companies in America (for seven years straight), the FAST 50, Austin Business Journal’s list of fastest-growing companies in Austin.