Greenleaf Book Group is looking for a bright, business-minded candidate for our Brand Strategy Consultant role. In this position, you’ll help bring on more authors and/or thought leaders who are interested in our innovative suite of brand- and audience-building services. You’ll use your experience in sales or business development (preferably within an agency environment) to help identify strong prospective leads who are publishing outside of Greenleaf Book Group, conduct strategic outreach, handle meetings and consultations with these prospects, and ultimately bring them on board as clients under the Platform Development umbrella. This “hunter” role will give you the opportunity to positively impact the efforts of authors and thought leaders by bringing them to Greenleaf to work with a team dedicated to building ideas and influence.
From designing concepts to building brand architecture and strategy, our Platform Development team creates experiences that build audiences and drive word of mouth for authors and experts. We help our clients identify opportunities to grow those audience relationships into supportive communities, all in the interest of helping them spread their message. Learn more about this growing side of our business here:
The ideal candidate is tenacious, has a positive attitude, and takes immense pride in his or her work. We want someone who is passionate about ideas and has a desire to learn. He or she has a history of strong performance in sales or business development and can prioritize and take initiative in a collaborative environment.
- Researching and identifying authors and/or thought leaders who could benefit from Greenleaf’s Platform Development services (primarily focusing on authors not published by Greenleaf)
- Communicating the value proposition of Greenleaf’s Platform Development services and closing new business
- Conducting outreach with viable prospects
- Building proposals and/or sales presentations for prospects
- Developing partnerships to build a pipeline of viable clients
- Working alone and with a support team to ensure proper data entry and record keeping around outreach work and prospect status
- Collaborating with a brand strategy team
- Writing for the company blog and/or social media to further awareness of our offerings
- Speaking at appropriate industry events and conferences
- Three to five years’ experience selling as a “hunter” in an agency environment, or in consultative sales
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills; ability to evaluate potential client fit and offer insightful feedback
- Solid attention to detail and organizational savvy
- Exceptionally polished, professional communication skills—both written and oral
- Computer proficiency, including Internet research, MS Office, and ability to learn new software as needed
Please send your resume and cover letter (Word or PDF file) to Tanya Hall at tanya at greenleafbookgroup dot com, subject line: Platform Development Consultant. No phone calls or visits, please. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
About Greenleaf Book Group
Greenleaf Book Group is an Austin-based book publisher and distributor specializing in the development of independent authors and the growth of small presses. Our company has been named to Inc. magazine’s list of the 500 fastest-growing companies in America, and the Fast 50, Austin Business Journal’s list of fastest-growing companies in Austin.
Greenleaf believes in supporting, developing, and promoting ideas—regardless of their final format. With a full suite of services supporting the development of an author’s dedicated audience (or “platform”), we place a heavy emphasis on serving as a creative agency of sorts, dedicated to helping our clients take their content from manuscript form into multiple methods of delivery designed to reach different audiences.
Greenleaf Book Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Greenleaf Book Group does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, the presence of any disability, or other legally protected status.