Client Brand Strategist
Greenleaf Book Group has a great opportunity for an ambitious, innovative, and experienced Client Brand Strategist who is interested in applying his/her expertise at one of the fastest-growing companies in America. The ideal candidate has a gift for crafting differentiated brand identities, proven written and oral communication skills, and a desire to work in a collaborative way with a driven team of individuals in a small, but fast-paced environment.
Greenleaf Book Group is more than a publishing company. With a full suite of services supporting the development of an author’s dedicated audience (or “platform”), we place a heavy emphasis on serving as a creative agency of sorts dedicated to helping our clients take their content from manuscript form into multiple methods of delivery designed to reach different audiences. We believe in supporting, developing, and promoting ideas - regardless of their final format.
The Brand Strategist works with the Brand Manager in the creation of author positioning analyses and statements, identifies primary audiences, and oversees the messaging involved in multiple author platform development components. Services for which the Brand Strategist provides vision include Brand Audits, Social Media Strategies, Speaker Press Kits, Websites, Online Learning Modules, and more. The Brand Strategist, focused on the author, works closely with the editorial team, focused on the book – as well as other departments in the company and a team of support staff.
A successful strategist will have at least three years experience as either a manager in a marketing or creative agency, a branding strategist, or a business services marketing manager. Experience working with authors, thought leaders, or people who are experts in their field presents a strong advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- Research and develop differentiated, compelling, and meaningful positioning and audience identification for a broad range of authors
- Oversee Copywriter efforts and/ or write brand services deliverables as required, including market research reports, brand audits, social media strategies, content downloads for websites, etc.
- Monitor market trends and translate consumer attitude and preferences into branding direction
- Integrate author development work with other departments, including but not limited to editorial, marketing, and distribution
- Work across departments to build and refine innovative author development services
- Give clear, deliberate direction to the support staff assisting in carrying out author development initiatives
- Lead in-person and/or phone meetings with existing authors to refine market focus and recommend appropriate service strategies
- Strive to provide superior client experiences and solutions
- Manage day-to-day contact with authors
- Research emerging industry trends and new client service opportunities
- Provide team support and miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- The ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of our industry positioning, general author profile, strategic goals, and concerns in order to provide leadership for our author platform development program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, analytical problem solver with a proactive, entrepreneurial spirit
- A portfolio of branding/positioning work
- A minimum of 3 years of branding/positioning experience, preferably in an agency environment and/or dealing with experts or thought leaders
- Leadership capabilities to work across the organization
- Proven presentation, communication, and marketing skills with ability to translate plans into execution, change and adapt, and deliver desired results
- Ability to analyze and report on campaign results
- Experience managing external advertising agencies or creative services departments
- A working knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO is a plus
- Strong experience and awareness of new and upcoming social media platforms
- Strong working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Expert-level internet research skills
- VERY strong computer skills (both MAC and PC), proficiency with MS office applications a must
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with emphasis in marketing/communications
- Work well independently and as a part of a team
- A fantastic sense of humor
- A collaborative, progressive, and fun work environment
- An intelligent, driven, and friendly staff
- For more information on our work environment, visit www.workatgreenleaf.com
Salary plus benefits: medical, disability, prescription, life, holidays, vacation, retirement plan, and profit sharing. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Please send applicable work samples with application.
This position is based in Austin, TX. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.
Contact: Tanya Hall, Tanya@greenleafbookgroup.com