Raising the Kid You Love with the Ex You Hate
Powerful advice for you and your ex-spouse on how to reduce conflict and protect your children’s well-being while co-parenting
You and your former wife/husband are struggling to be civil to each other and you recognize the conflicts could be damaging to your child. Dr. Farber, a clinical child psychologist who’s been in practice for 30+ years, knows what you’re up against. He writes compassionately and insightfully about the concrete, doable steps you can take to avoid letting differences with your ex get in the way of being the best mom or the best dad you can be.
Conflicts inevitably arise from living in two households. You don’t have to like your ex, but, if you are going to co-parent successfully, you will still have to deal with your ex. Dr. Farber helps you navigate the upheaval with practical advice based on real-world families. His book shows you how to
• Know what to say, and not to say, to your child about separation and divorce
• Cope with child support and other money issues
• Handle the holidays and special family occasions
• Choose and adjust to new schools
• Introduce your child to a potential new partner
• Co-parent when an ex has a personality disorder, addiction problem, or is a bully
• Decide when to recruit the help of a parent coordinator
• Raise a healthy child while co-parenting
You’ll draw strength and encouragement from the positive outcomes he’s helped hurting parents and children achieve as they confronted such gripping problem areas. Dr. Farber’s expert analysis and counsel will show you how to use co-parenting to turn your broken marriage into a working divorce that supports the emotional and developmental health of your children caught in the crossfire.