Unleashing the Velcro Dog
Training Your Agility Dog to Love Working at a Distance
Do you long for a dog that will soar accurately and enthusiastically through the most challenging agility course, while also working at great distances? If so, you have come to the right place. This book will show you how to train your joined-at-the-hip Velcro dog to both enjoy and excel at working away from you. It will also help you maximize your distance-training success with your non-Velcro dog. Whats more, it will help you get new agility dogs started on the right track so that they will excel at working at a distance from the start.
The ability to handle your dog at a distance is a tremendous asset if not a necessity in all types of agility courses. Through the methods detailed in this book you can:
- Attain a competitive advantage through the enormous flexibility you will gain in choosing a winning handling strategy.
- Take a shorter path than your dog by working at a lateral distance, thus allowing you to take full advantage of your dog s fastest speed instead of being limited by yours.
- Acquire tools to enable you to smoothly handle courses with handler restrictions, long straight-aways, and layering challenges.
- Ace courses that specifically require distance skills, such as Gamblers and FAST.
- Enjoy the exhilarating feeling of ultimate teamwork as you and your canine partner masterfully negotiate the course together, yet independently.